Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My First Blog Post

Can you believe this? I'm not even born yet but I'm already blogging. Pretty cool, huh? I didn't know they made computers small enough to fit in Mom's belly with me! Okay, okay, I'm not really typing this, but I'm dictating and right now my Aunt Jen is transcribing for me.

You're probably wondering why I'm writing to you before I've even taken my first breath. That's understandable. You see, my heart isn't growing the same way other babies hearts grow. My Mom and Dad first learned I had a problem in a routine doctor visit a few months ago.

I was so sad to hear Mom crying, and I heard her say that when Dad went out of the room he cried a lot as well. I sure don't want to be the reason that they are sad so I've been down here working ever since. I've been talking to my heart and telling it to please try to catch up with the rest of my body, so that Mom will only cry tears of joy when she sees me. I don't think it's working though.

For the last week both my parents have been busy trying to find lots of warm clothes and get all the supplies they need. I hear we're going on a long trip and am I ever excited! I haven't been away from my home in Daphne, Alabama yet, but I hear it's really cold where we're going.

Mom was telling my Mimi that we have to go to Boston for me to be born. What an adventure this will surely be! There is a hospital there with specially trained doctors and nurses who will know what to do with my faltering heart when I have to leave this cozy home. We're leaving December 19th.

Even though she was whispering, I heard Mom say that I'll have my first major surgery when I am only 7 days old. I think they are really sad they will be away from all our family over Christmas and New Year's. I will be born by January 3rd at the latest, and I'm sure Aunt Jen is hoping I'll come the day before, on her birthday!

I hear we'll have to spend another 6 weeks or so in Boston. Mom is a nurse who takes care of other newborn babies and my Dad is a tech at the same hospital, and he's also in nursing school. I hate to be such a burden on them but I sure will love them with everything that I have. I waited a long time for them and I know we have lots of really great times in our future.

I can't wait to meet them!

Thanks and Blessings!
Baby Matthew





1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through Karin @ Saving Little Hearts. I just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time. As a fellow Heart Mommy and parent I understand your fears, hopes and prayers. I pray for the comfort and safety of your new son. Hang in there Mommy and Daddy! Love from South Mississippi! =)

    ReplyDelete